The Cassie Hines Shoes Cancer Foundation is named for a young woman who was diagnosed with cancer when she was a junior in high school. She passed away four years later in 2012.
The mission of this Foundation is to guide young adults with cancer, to social support programs and services that can help them manage their mental healing as well as their physical battle.
The goals are to provide to young adults with cancer:
- Base2Summit: A 6 day experience in Northern Michigan
- Travel expenses to cancer camps and conferences
- Age appropriate peer support groups and cancer information
- Annual CHSCF Base2Summit Scholarship
- Guidance on scholarships and other financial assistance
The Von Voigtlander Family Foundation was a sponsor for the 2021 Glow Run, which raises funds to accomplish these goals in support of their mission. We heard about this remarkable young lady through a neighbor and friend, who grew up with Cassie’s mother. You can read more about Cassie’s story at cassiehinesshoescancer.org